Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm Moose

Hello everyone, my name is Moose.  I'm a dog.  I have a blog.

My story starts a few days ago when I was running around the intersection of Airline Drive and Interstate 45 in Houston, Texas.  For those of you that don't know, it's kind of a rough neighborhood, even for a guy like me.  There were lots of pimps, prostitutes, gangsters, and drug dealers that used to hang around in my neighborhood. People weren't always nice to me.  I didn't get fed much either.  But a couple of days ago, I was hanging out at my favorite gas station trying to find some food and this nice guy tried to make friends with me.  At first I didn't trust him, but after two hours and four cans of Vienna sausages, I got close enough for him to grab my collar.  I was scared though and we had a bit of struggle.  I thought he might be trying to hurt me.  But it turns out he only wanted to help.  He took me in a car away to a new home.

When I got to my new home, I had two friends waiting for me.  They are Hank and Daisy.  They were very excited to see me, but I don't think they know what to do with me.  Sometimes Daisy is aggressive toward me and it scares me.  I'm just a little guy.  There is also a cat named Duchess, but I don't see her much. 

I've heard that I'm going to something called the vet tomorrow.  I don't know what that is, but I'll tell you when I find out.  I've also heard that I'm getting "fixed" later this week.  I don't know what is wrong with me so I can't imagine what needs to be fixed.

Anyway... I want to find a home... I don't think Daisy wants me in this home so much, so maybe I'd be better if I found another place.

Please contact me if you have questions, or want me to join your family - email here

This is me - I'm kind of skinny.  You can see my ribs.
Because of the harsh start to my life, I'm still a bit timid:
But I get comfortable quickly
My right ear always stands up
 It's like I'm waving to you!
 I'm pretty mellow for being a cute little puppy
 I just want a nice family I can call my own
 Don't you think I should have a second chance?